Naturopathic IV therapy involves the intravenous (IV) administration of vitamins, minerals, and other natural substances to support health and treat various conditions. The therapy is performed by a naturopathic doctor and is designed to deliver high doses of nutrients directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system. This allows for increased absorption and a higher therapeutic effect compared to oral supplementation. IV therapy can be customized to meet the specific needs of each patient, and is often used to support immune function, hydrate the body, reduce inflammation, detoxify, and improve energy and mental clarity.
Increased Absorption: IV therapy delivers nutrients and minerals directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system, which can result in increased absorption and a higher therapeutic effect.
Quicker Results: IV therapy provides a concentrated dose of nutrients and minerals, which can result in quicker results compared to oral supplementation. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who have a hard time absorbing nutrients from food or oral supplements.
Customization: IV therapy can be tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual. Naturopathic clinics can create customized IV blends that are specifically designed to address the unique health concerns and needs of each patient.
Immune Support: IV therapy can be used to deliver high doses of vitamins and minerals that are essential for optimal immune function. This can help to support the immune system and prevent illness.
Hydration: IV therapy can help to rehydrate the body quickly and effectively, which is particularly beneficial for individuals who are dehydrated due to illness or excessive physical activity.
Improved Energy: IV therapy can deliver a boost of energy by providing the body with essential nutrients and minerals, such as vitamin B12, which is known for its energy-boosting properties.
Reduced Inflammation: IV therapy can help to reduce inflammation in the body, which can result in reduced pain and improved overall health.
Detoxification: IV therapy can be used to support the body's natural detoxification processes by providing high doses of vitamins and minerals that are essential for detoxification.
Better Mental Clarity: IV therapy can improve mental clarity by providing the brain with essential nutrients and minerals, such as magnesium and vitamin B complex, which are important for optimal brain function.
It's important to note that IV therapy should always be administered by a trained medical professional, such as a naturopathic doctor, to ensure safety and optimal results.
- What is intravenous (IV) nutrient therapy? Intravenous nutrient therapy, also known as IV nutrient therapy or IV vitamin therapy, is a type of medical treatment in which vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients are delivered directly into a patient's bloodstream through a vein, bypassing the digestive system.
- Is IV nutrient therapy safe? IV nutrient therapy is generally considered safe when performed by a qualified medical professional, such as a licensed Naturopathic doctor. It is important to tell your doctor about any allergies, or any underlying health conditions you may have before your first IV.
- How long does an IV nutrient therapy session typically take? The length of an IV nutrient therapy session can vary depending on the specific nutrients being delivered, your medical history, and the reason for treatment. Most treatments take 60 minutes, while our Mini IV treatment is 45 minutes, and our NAD IVs can be 90minutes or longer.
- How often should I receive IV nutrient therapy? The frequency of IV nutrient therapy sessions can vary depending on the specific condition being treated and your individual needs. It is often beneficial to have an IV therapy session once a week for the first month, then monthly after that. You can discuss goals of treatment with the Naturopathic doctor, and a specific treatment plan can be tailored for your personal needs.
- Is IV nutrient therapy covered by insurance? IV therapy is considered a Naturopathic service, and therefore is covered by most extended benefit plans. The extent of coverage you are eligible for depends on your individual plan details.
- Can children have IV therapy? While IV therapy is theoretically safe for children, it's important to keep in mind that the use of IV therapy in children is not as well studied as in adults. Please book in for a Discovery Call with Dr. Rachelle before booking an initial IV appointment for your child.
- Can I exercise after IV therapy? Yes, you can exercise after receiving IV therapy.
- How much does IV therapy cost? For all new patients, IV therapy is $200 for your first visit, and $175 for follow up treatments. If you are short on time, we offer a Mini IV treatment which is $125 and 45minutes or less. Our two additional IV treatment types are Glutathione, which is $50 and NAD IVs which is $200 for each visit.
For any other inquiries, please book in for a complimentary Discovery Call with Dr. Rachelle as she would be happy to review any questions or concerns you may have before your first IV appointment.